Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I usually do not make New Year's resolutions, BUT this year I feel a little differently. I have decided to just make a short list of resolutions for just me. Nothing that involves my husband, kids or friends. Just things that will help me and my soul. Someone once told me that if take time for yourself you will be a better mother. So, here it goes!

1. become healthier. I don't want to just loose weight or over commit myself to working out everyday. I know that life happens and I have 3 kids for goodness sake. I am not going to be able to go to the gym everyday. So, I have just committed myself to eating healthier and working out when I can.

2. I want to read more. I use to read all the time and then we had kids and my time seemed to just dwindle away. I enjoy reading. There are so many good books out there. So, each nite my goal is to read for at least an hour. Just turn the TV off and read.

3. I must add these are in no particular order! I want become closer to God. I want to study His word. I want live His word. I attend church regularly and I am even involved in my church BUT I don't know enough scripture. I have already signed up for a women's Bible study which starts next week. I look forward to becoming closer my Lord. For I know ALL things are possible through Him.

So, those are my 2009 resolutions. There is something powerful about having these in writing for the rest of the world to see!

1 comment:

Ashley Beth said...

Yay! Glad to know there's another gal out there who is headed for a Jesus year! Be blessed in your quest for Jesus!

P.S. You've got some cute kiddos there! :)



Followers



Davis 1 week

Emmy-21 mths

Emmy-21 mths.

Dewberry Farms trip

Dewberry Farms trip
Madison