Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's been a while

I have so (too) busy lately. I can not believe how busy this time of year is for us. It seems ever year I tell myself I want t slow down and every year we are so busy. But something made me slow down today and thank God for everything I have been given.

I was buying Christmas stamps for my Christmas cards that have been sitting on my counter since Thanksgiving. I was patiently waiting my turn when the lady in front of me mentioned that she had to get all her packages mailed out now because her house was being torn down. So, the nosey person I am, I start to think of everything it could be.... Then she tells me that water had leaked into her house and after months of complaining to the builder they continued to do very little. Well, her child got a horrible lung infection and while in the hospital they figured it was from mold. The mold in her house is so bad they have to TEAR the ENTIRE house down and rebuild! Can you imagine? Right before the holidays! Her family just moved here from Chicago and they know very little people. I made my purchase and sat in my car and immediately said a prayer for her and her family. Although I don't know her name, I will never forget her story!

I will now slow down and thank the Lord for everything I have. Including the roof over my head!

No comments:



Followers



Davis 1 week

Emmy-21 mths

Emmy-21 mths.

Dewberry Farms trip

Dewberry Farms trip
Madison